RPG Inventory Systems: Intermediate Unity C# Coding, Implement An RPG-Style Inventory System. All Code Base Provided As A Flexible Asset Pack. Improve your C#
- HOT & NEW
- Created by Sam Pattuzzi, GameDev.tv Team, Rick Davidson
- English [Auto-generated]
PREVIEW THIS COURSE - GET COUPON CODE
What you'll learn
- How to implement and lay out your inventory UI (user interface) so that the panels, buttons, slots and icons make sense.
- How to use useful UI components like the Scroll View Asset and the Grid Layout Group to more easily structure your inventory UI.
- How to use the drag-and-drop system so that players can pick up inventory items and move them to other slots, or drop them into the world.
- How to use a pickup system with scriptable objects providing the data for specific inventory items.
- How to use and modify the equipping system so that players can equip weapons and armor from their inventory.
- How to interface between what the player sees on screen in their inventory and what your backend system knows should be the appropriate information stored in the inventory.
- How to use and modify a tooltip system that gives the player information about their inventory items.
- How to make items stackable so that if a player has more than one of an item it only takes up one inventory slot and displays how many items have been stacked.
- How to refactor your code so that when a new feature is added, it propagates to all areas of your project without breaking your game.
- How to build a user interface mockup in Unity before your functionality is in place.